Guidelines & Eligibility
The complete Fellowship Guidelines are available to download.
If you can answer positively to all these questions, you are ready to proceed with your application:
- Are you below 40 years old? (If you are over 40, you can only apply for a short-term fellowship)
- Are you living and working in a developing country? (low, lower middle or upper middle economy according to the World Bank criteria)
- Have you received basic training in nephrology in your home country?
- Are you nominated by a home mentor and your Home Institution who guarantees your re-employment once training has been completed?
- Can you be recommended by one senior nephrologists in your home country?
- Are you endorsed by the national society of nephrology in your home country?
- Have you identified an appropriate host mentor and Institution with whom you have agreed a suitable training plan?
- Does your training plan reflect the skills and knowledge that are required by your home Institution and which you can implement on your return?
- Can you understand and communicate in the host country’s language?
- Are you willing to guarantee your return to your home country within three months of completing the training? (Otherwise all funds received from ISN must be refunded)